Monday, November 25, 2013

The Long Awaited Craft Fair

It was definitely a weekend to remember!  I spent Friday night frantically getting everything packed and in order so that when Danielle and Rachel arrived at midnight we could finish sewing the 27 tote bags Danielle had started.  And sew we did... ALL NIGHT.  Rachel went to bed at 4:30 AM after having been awake for over 24 hours, I went to bed at 5:00 AM and well, Danielle never went to sleep.

Hoku gave up on the all nighter too...

Two of my best friends helped make it all happen!

Tracking our purchases.

So many price tags...

We were by far the brightest booth on the block... and one of the youngest booth owners.



Our Awesome Chalk Board Sign that Brandon Made!

I would say not sleeping was worth making the bags!

Some of the kiddos we've helped. Once you started telling people who the children in these pictures are they really got the mission.

 It was such an awesome day.  We raised $160 dollars for orphans :)  We will announce who it goes to in another post as it is hard for me to decide which children and families it goes to.

Some fun comments of the day:
Everyone assumes my name is Ginger :)
Some people asked if we actually made the stuff... and one lady specifically asked if we "helped make the stuff."  Many people commented that it is so nice to see young people sewing as it seems to be a dying art.
We were asked if we went to school there--- Mind you two of us have Master's degrees!
One person asked if I was Ginger on a Mission and then stated, "So you do have a soul!"

And again... I could not have done this without my best friends.  They are awesome!  If I would have told Danielle when we first met in sewing class that 13 years later we would be pulling an all nighter for a craft fair she probably would have decided not to be my best friend.


All of our stuff is listed on our Etsy site.  I LOVE hearing the ChaChings on my phone when someone makes a purchase.  I do a happy dance and quickly search to see who the money is specified for.  So get shopping as Chrismas Season tends to make people spend lots of money, shop with a cause!

We have begun looking at doing another craft fair or four :)  And I am excited for Christmas when I get TWO FULL WEEKS OFF since I work in a school to craft away!

Be blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment