Thursday, December 5, 2013

26 years ago...

This ginger was born.... and yes, I wasn't born a ginger!!  

There are some interesting stories I have been told over the years of how I came to be in this world.  Let's just say story telling runs in the Sass family.  My favorite story about how I came to exist is that the nuns at the college my dad taught at were praying for our family to have more children.  There was a sign and all.  (So I am told.)  After my brother was born my parents thought they wouldn't be able to have any more children.  So then they find out they are having another child and my dad tells one of the nuns they are having another child.  She exclaims how wonderful that is and that the sign is up and they had been praying.  My father then asked for the sign to be taken down.  So I may have been a surprise to the world, but doesn't everyone LOVE surprises?!?!   

I would also like to take the time to point out that my mother filled out my school enrollment paperwork wrong and my birth date was always listed as the 16th of December.  I swear it is the 6th and PS my middle name is also with an E (MOM!)

But I digress.  As I turn 26 this year, another person has their birthday this month.  AnnaMarie will turn 15 this month, which means she has ONE year left to find her forever family.  I don't ask for much but for my birthday I would like AnnaMarie's grant to grow by $41, a dollar for each of our ages.  Her grant would need to be $348.80 to reach my goal!  Do you think we can make her grant grow by $41 dollars by the end of my birthday?!


Just chip in a dollar and a dollar from many will get us there.

Remember.  Anyone who donates to AnnaMarie or Emilija will be entered into our Ginger on a Mission Tote Bag Give Away!  You get to choose your fabric!!!  Just simply forward your receipt to gingeronamission1206@gmail.com 

Who doesn't want one of these?!?!






For good measure.  A sneak peak at our Christmas card...

No comments:

Post a Comment